Membership Information, Benefits
Why Should I Join?
Benefits of KMGMA Membership:
- Provide peer support and opportunities for skill development as well as a forum for the exchange of ideas and information.
- Participate in the spring and fall state-wide conferences with other medical practice leaders. Members always receive discounted registration rates.
- Excellent opportunity to meet insurance representatives from KanCare and commercial companies during KMGMA conferences.
- The Kansas Association of Rural Health Clinics serves as an advocate for the members with rural health clinics.
- Receive periodic legislative updates to keep informed on issues that face the healthcare community.
- Receive periodic payer updates to stay informed on changes, updates and challenges regarding reimbursement issues for your practice through the KMGMA Insurance committee.
- Receive certification through the American College of Medical Practice Executives (ACMPE)using the education, support and resources provided to you as a member.
- Look for and post jobs for free on our online job board. Members receive notification when new jobs are posted.
- Find your peers and make new connections within your specialty by searching for fellow members through our "members only" online directory.
- Opportunities to interact and connect with industry suppliers offering an array of emerging technology, applications and services designed to help you find solutions to changes in the industry and build important business relationships.
- and more...
What Are The Membership Categories?
Must work in the medical field in the state of Kansas. Individual membership must be held by one who performs managerial duties in multiple areas, or performs administrative tasks in one area, or provides patient care and also performs significant managerial or administrative tasks or who is providing management consulting or billing services and who is not a collection agency. Must work in the healthcare field in the prevention, treatment and management of physical or mental illness located in a physician/provider’s office, an inpatient and/or outpatient setting. An Individual member is entitled to all Association membership service, including the right to vote, to serve as an office of the association and to serve on any committee.
May be held by one who is not eligible to be an Individual Member and who performs managerial duties in multiple areas, or performs administrative tasks in one area in an allied healthcare field, defined as; any of the diverse healthcare professions, including clinical laboratory, physical therapy, occupational therapy, dietetic services, medical records, speech-language, pathology, etc. It does not include dentists. Must be located in the State of Kansas. An allied member may not vote or serve as an officer of the Association and may not serve on committees or attend business meetings of the Association. Allied membership is not available to KMGMA Business Partners (Exhibitors).
A Student Member is an individual enrolled in a college level program leading to a degree in healthcare management; or a full time student who requests membership in the Association and does not quality for any other membership category. A Student Member shall not be entitled to vote and is not eligible to serve as an officer in the Association.
How Can I Join?
Please print and fill out the Application for Membership
, and attach a check payable to "KMGMA" for the appropriate category.
Please forward to:
Phil Berndt, Executive Director
3811 SW Mission Ave
Topeka, KS 66610
For membership questions, please contact:
Stacey L. Berndt, Membership Chair
Lincoln Center OB-GYN, PA
800 SW Lincoln
Topeka, KS 66606